1. What is CarFaire?
2. What are CarFaireís business hours?
QUESTIONS ABOUT BUYING A VEHICLE
3. Are there any entry fees or commissions for the Buyer?
4. How many vehicles are typically on display at CarFaire locations?
5. Does CarFaire just get cars or are there many types of vehicles for sale?
6. If I am interested in buying a vehicle, how do I contact the owner?
7. What time should I come to CarFaire?
QUESTIONS ABOUT SELLING A VEHICLE
8. How do I sign up and how much does it cost?
9. Can I use the website to register my vehicle for display at a CarFaire Location?
10. Can I choose to display my vehicle only on the CarFaire website?
11. What types of vehicles do you accept for display at CarFaire locations and on the website?
12. What does CarFaire provide to meÖ. once Iíve registered my vehicle at a CarFaire location?
13. This is my first time coming to CarFaire. Can I register/drop off my vehicle on Friday night?
14. How long can I leave my vehicle?
15. How long will it take for my car to sell?
16. Do many Buyers come to CarFaire?
17. Should I lock my vehicle?
18. How does a potential Buyer test-drive my vehicle?
19. Will my vehicle be safe at a CarFaire location?
20. Are the parking lots illuminated?
21. Iím a dealer. Can I sell my vehicle(s) on your lot(s)? What about on your website?
22. Where can I get more information about CarFaire locations including directions to each?
23. How do I edit my ad on your website?
24. Is CarFaire open on Holiday Weekends ?
Q1. What is CarFaire?
- A. CarFaire is a service that provides a cost effective way for Sellers to display their vehicles to a large audience of potential Buyers. Buyers have the opportunity to view a vast assortment of vehicles in one location. Buyers and Sellers have the option of concluding their transaction at a CarFaire location or through our CarFaire website.Q2. What are CarFaireís business hours?
- A. Our website is open year-round, twenty-four hours, seven days a week. Business hours at CarFaire locations are Saturday from 8am to 4pm and Sunday from 9am to 3pm.
QUESTIONS ABOUT BUYING A VEHICLE:
Q3. Are there any entry fees or commissions for the Buyer?
- A. There are no entry fees or commissions for Buyers. Buyers pay only the price of the vehicle as negotiated between Buyer and Seller.Q4. How many vehicles are typically on display at CarFaire locations?
- A. The number of vehicles on display depends on which location, as some locations are more established than others. Typically there will be between 50 to 400 vehicles on display each weekend.Q5. Does CarFaire just get cars or are there many types of vehicles for sale?
- A. CarFaire displays anything that involves transportation, from horse trailers and boat to trucks and utility vehicles. We have even had a fire truck.Q6. If I am interested in buying a vehicle, how do I contact the owner?
- A. You can find the Sellers contact information on our website or on the vehicle at the CarFaire location where it is on display.Q7. What time should I come to CarFaire?
- A. Anytime after 8am on Saturday or 9am on Sunday. We have most of our cars in by 11am Saturday.aaa
QUESTIONS ABOUT SELLING A VEHICLE:
Q8. How do I sign up and how much does it cost?
- A. Simply come down to a CarFaire location near you after 8am on Saturday or 9am on Sunday. There is a one-time nominal fee for each vehicle displayed at CarFaire locations and on our website until it is sold. Cost depends upon which location you take your vehicle to due to different services being offered at each. Please click on the location of your choice for more details. .
Q9. Can I use the website to register my vehicle for display at a CarFaire Location?
- Harbor High School, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz County
- Solano Community College, Suisun, Solano County
- Santiago Canyon College, Orange, Orange County
- Cypress High School, Cypress, Orange County
- Irvine Valley College, Irvine, Orange County
- Ohlone College, Fremont, Alameda County
- San Joaquin Delta College, Stockton, San Joaquin County
- A. Currently, that is not an option. To display your vehicle at CarFaire location you must register in person. However, Sellers who want to display their vehicle for sale on our website only may use our website to register.Q10. Can I choose to display my vehicle only on the CarFaire website?
- A. Yes. You may register for website only display for a one-time nominal fee. Our site accepts Visa or MasterCard.Q11. What types of vehicles do you accept for display at CarFaire locations and on the website?
- A. CarFaire accepts anything that involves transportation and has wheels, i.e. autos, trucks, boats, motorcycles, RVs, trailers, utility trucks, tractors, buses, etc.Q12. What does CarFaire provide to meÖ. once Iíve registered my vehicle at a CarFaire location?
- A. Upon registration and fee payment we will provide you with a space at a CarFaire location until your vehicle is sold, a detailed listing on our website that will include a color photo which we provide, a for sale sign, tear-off sheets, and a Kelly Blue Book analysis. Some of our locations offer advertising options with local newspapers and auto magazines.Q13. This is my first time coming to CarFaire. Can I register/drop off my vehicle on Friday night?
- A. The first time you come to CarFaire, you must come on Saturday or Sunday during our business hours to register. Hours vary at some locations, but all CarFaire open at 8am on Saturday for new registrations. Thereafter, you may drop off your vehicle any time. CarFaire operates from 8am on Saturday until 3pm on Sunday. All vehicles must be picked up by 8pm on Sunday.Q14. How long can I leave my vehicle?
- A. Vehicles can be left until Sunday night and must be picked up by 9pm and returned every weekend until sold.Q15. How long will it take for my car to sell?
- A. Many factors can influence how long it will take for your car to sell. The price and condition of your car are the main ones but also keep in mind that certain makes and models are more popular than others. Some may sell the first day of display, but typically, it takes about two weekends to sell a vehicle.Q16. Do many Buyers come to CarFaire?
- A. Yes. CarFaire is the most convenient way for Buyers to view cars. There is no pressure, no salesmen, and Buyers donít have to drive all over town looking at used cars; they can simply come to CarFaire and see an abundance of for sale by owner cars all in one place. Thatís why CarFaire attracts thousands of Buyers each weekend and thousands more on our website.Q17. Should I lock my vehicle?
- A. Yes, we recommend that you lock your vehicle.Q18. How does a potential Buyer test-drive my vehicle?
- A. Buyers will contact you directly. CarFaire provides a phone at each location. Usually Sellers and Buyers meet at CarFaire.Q19. Will my vehicle be safe at a CarFaire location?
- A. Most of our locations have security. CarFaire provides security during hours during our hours of registration and may provide additional security on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. CarFaire operates only on Saturday and Sunday and is not open and does not provide security on extended or holiday weekends beyond Sunday. Security may be also be provided by the routine patrol service of the College/School. CarFaire and the College/School is not responsible for any vehicle or any personal property. Please inquire at each location for more details.Q20. Are the parking lots illuminated?
- A. Yes, all of our locations have illuminated parking lots. There may be times when, due to power outages or other electrical problems beyond CarFaire's control, that our lots are not illuminated. The College's or School's may have the lights on timers that are turned on/off at various hours beyond CarFaire's control.Q21. Iím a dealer. Can I sell my vehicle(s) on your lot(s)? What about on your website?
- A. According to DMV code, CarFaire cannot allow dealer vehicles on our lots. However, dealers can display their vehicles on our website.Q22. Where can I get more information about CarFaire locations including directions to each?
- A. Please click on the location of your choice for more information.
Q23. How do I edit my ad on your website?
- A. Go to Seller Services and enter your Carfaire ID or enter your email address and it will be sent to you.Q24. Is CarFaire open on Holiday Weekends ?
CarFaire may be open on Holiday Weekends, but CarFaire only operates on Saturday and Sunday. CarFaire may reduce registration hours for new registrations on either Saturday or Sunday and in some cases may not be open for new registrations on Sunday. CarFaire will be closed over Xmas and New Years Weekends at all locations. Check each location for additional information.